Taiwan Society for Precision Engineering
Taiwan Society for Precision Engineering (TSPE) is a non-profit member association, founded in 2014 at Chutung, Taiwan. TSPE dedicated to promote the research and application of precision engineering technology in order to assist the academic development as well as industrial upgrading and transformation. The precision engineering field includes electrical and electronics, information, machinery, materials, chemistry, optics and measurement analysis, etc. TSPE has been actively cultivating the most important industrial fundamental technology in precision engineering. It is aiming to master the technology of critical manufacturing equipment, components, raw materials and process. TSPE is committed to enhance Taiwan’s industrial competitiveness.
1. Advance the research of precision engineering technology, and promote its industrial application as well as development by integrating manpower and resources in relevant disciplines.
2. Organize and execute precision engineering workshops, trainings, discussions, demonstrations, exhibitions and related activities.
3. Collect the state-of-art information on precision engineering for the reference of academic and industrial research.
4. Entrusted by the government and enterprises to conduct research or solve problems related to precision engineering, and provide professional evaluation and assessment service.
5. Help schools to implement precision engineering education and research.
6. Networking with domestic and overseas agencies, academic institutions and industrial organizations to promote academic and technological interaction.
7. Engage in activities that are in line with the missions of TSPE.
The first president and honorary founder of TSPE is Dr. Chia-Tung Lee, who is a senior advisor to Taiwan president as well as an honorary professor of National Tsing Hua University. He is known as a prestigious scholar and researcher in fundamental science and engineering. Dr. Lee has been concerning about the lack of consistent standard and common language on precision engineering development in Taiwan. He had reminded those in power should realize the important role of "engineer" when setting up national strategies for industrial upgrading. With this vision in mind, the 1st preparatory meeting of TSPE was held on Oct. 22, 2014 and then it was officially founded on Jan. 30, 2015. Since then TSPE is actively sharing common R&D outcomes and trying to eliminate lots of duplicate errors from industrial development process.
TSPE forms a unique community and platform for sharing professional knowledge & technology in the field of precision engineering. Currently it has more than 100 group and individual members. The members represent a variety of organizations from enterprises, academia and national labs. Many of TSPE members are driving forces of Taiwan industry, such as HIWIN, Hermes Microvision, Shuz Tung Machinery, AST, Patech Fine Chemicals, FiberLogic, aePlasma 41, Avision, AccuteX, ITRI, National Taiwan U., National Tsing Hua U., Ministry of Science and Technology, etc. TSPE members are expected to join an annual assembly meeting held each spring.
Board of Directors
Jwu-Sheng Hu (ITRI Vice President and General Director)
Yi- Shih Tseng (Chroma Co., Ltd, General Manager)
Liang-Chia Chen (National Taiwan University Distinguished Professor)
Hung-Yin Tsai (Vice President for Academic Affairs)
Tzeng-Yow Lin (ITRI General Director)
Wen-Yuh Jywe (National Formosa University President)
Chi-Jui Lin (Minghsin University of Science and Technology Distinguished Professor)
Yunn-Shiuan Liao (National Taiwan University Lifetime Distinguished Professor)
Wei-Hua Cheng (National Chiao Tung University Professor)
Chien-Hung Liu (National Chung Hsing University Professor)
Lai-Sheng Chen (ITRI General Director)
Jen-Yuan Chang (ITRI Chief Technology Officer)
Ta-Hsin Chou (ITRI Deputy General Director)
Jer-Young Chen (ITRI Deputy General Director)
Je-Ping Hu (ITRI Deputy General Director)
Han-Ying Wang (ITRI General Director)
Tien-Tsai Chuang (Shuz Tung Machinery Industrial Co., Ltd, Chairman of the Board)
Jui-Fang Liang (Accutex Technologies Co., Ltd, Deputy Chairman of the Board)
Shih-Chieh Lin (Tsinghua University Professor)
Cheng- Hsiung Chen (National Chung Hsing University Professor)
For more information, please visit TSPE official website (in Chinese)：www.tspe.org.tw
Rm. 210, Bldg. 22, 195, Sec. 4, Chung Hsing Rd.
Chutung, Hsinchu, Taiwan